KYUK is looking for someone reliable, upbeat, communicative, organized, creative, and courteous, who can work independently, and with a team, and who understands the culture and values of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta, to plan, produce and host our daily radio programming on 640AM and 90.3FM.
The Programming Director/On-Air Host is responsible for all aspects of the on air sound of KYUK.
Applicants should be excited about providing and producing meaningful and entertaining content for the people of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
– Oversee all radio programming including national, statewide and local shows and programs.
– Plan and produce KYUK programs including sports broadcasts, public affairs shows, and other specials.
– Supervise, train and lead on-air staff, interns and volunteers.
– Host/coordinate regular live events and programs.
– Serve as liaison with other organizations, businesses and governments.
– Manage KYUK’s music and content library.
– Play key role in on-air fundraising.
– Oversee daily station operations.
– Some evening, weekend and holiday work may be required.
Required skills include:
– Above average computer proficiency. Audio editing and IT skills are a plus.
– Good verbal and written language skills. Yup’ik proficiency is a plus.
– Working knowledge of social media (e.g. Facebook).
– Proven history of strong communication skills.
– Ability to work as part of a team.
To apply send a submit with a resume, letter of interest and at least three references to email@example.com or drop off at KYUK. Applications can also be mailed to:
KYUK Attn: Shane Iverson
PO Box 468
Bethel, AK, 99559
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 543-3131.
Open until filled.